Apr 20, 2011

Storyteller

This was probably one of the more confusing narratives I have ever read, but it was also one of the most interesting to me. The first time through I was pretty confused due to all of the jumping around and different stories. After rereading the text, various parts of the story became more clear. Out of the three stories being told throughout this narrative, my favorite story was of the woman and the store owner. It was really interesting to read her story. The most shocking part of her story was the fact that she could have gotten out of her jail sentence and not served any time for murdering the store owner, but she chose not to. She wanted to serve the time for the crime she committed, but it wasn't because she felt that she deserved the punishment for her actions, but because she had no remorse for what she had done and wanted it to be clear that she meant what she had done. Typically when people are accused of murder they will find any way to get out of serving time for their crime but she refused to. This was my favorite part of the narrative and she was my favorite character because she seemed so complex and hard to figure out. She isn't a typical character and it took reading a few times to even understand what she was doing and why she would do the things she did. Although I still may not understand fully what went on in her head, it is more clear after further reading. Out of all of the stories told within this one narrative, her story of the murder of the store owner was the most interesting and possibly the most confusing, but it really caught my attention and got me thinking.

1 comment:

  1. Cassie did a good job explaining of what was happening throughout the story and I myself was also really confused with the story. I could relate to Cassie's blog because I felt the same way about the whole text. The analysis was great and fulfilled the requirement.

    ReplyDelete