Apr 26, 2011

Delight in Disorder

The first time i read Delight I Disorder I was very interested in the poem.The descriptions really made me think of a dress, clothes, lace, cuff, ribbons, and a petticoat. I then started to think about why is he naming all of these articles of clothing kind of in a negative light. After rereading the poem it as if Robert believes beauty is at its most alluring when it is in disarray. The more confusion and less perfection that is going on the better and more attractive one is. It is interesting because we don't normally think of confusion as beautiful. It adds to the fact that imperfection and inconsistencies can enhance appeal to a person, place, or even thing. I also thought it has a very interesting rhyme scheme. I figured that if i noticed the rhyme scheme maybe it had something to do with the poem as a whole. Personally, the inconsistent rhyme scheme is just like imperfection with art. Which then relates back to the poem as a whole and how when beauty is imperfect it is most appealing.

No comments:

Post a Comment