May 18, 2011

Phantom Limb

The documentary was a good one and I really enjoyed watching this during our class period. The film was a pretty sad one and really pulled me in because of how smooth it went though. The story was good because it told us how not to deal with grief and that is a tough subject to talk about especially when it happens to a young family member. The scene though that really stuck out to me was when the sheep was being sheared. That was a very different scene and at first I wondered why it was even in there in the first place. The scene just showed how smooth and easy going the hair came off and stood for a metaphor. This was overall a great film.

1 comment:

  1. In all honesty I didnt even think about the shearing of the sheep as representing smoothness. I agree with that to an extent. The stages are very smooth and you dont really know when you are changing from one to another. Even though i agree with that I dont know if the word smooth always works here. Because the movie was based so much on death saying death can be smooth is something i never thought about. I guess it is up to the individual person to decide that.

    ReplyDelete